Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

Interfacing to User Logic

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

When looking through the altera literature on the SOPC builder there seems to a standard "user logic interface" component, however I don&#39;t seem to be able to find it or insantitate it! Also I saw such a component in one of the SOPC builder examples (it appeared different to creating a custom compon http://forum.niosforum.com/work2/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink.gif ent) but I couldn&#39;t find its source. Does anyone know how to instantiate this component and how to use it ? I tied different locations in the "Component/kit Library Search Path" but had no luck

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

originally posted by shmueld@Mar 12 2006, 06:29 PM 

when looking through the altera literature on the sopc builder there seems to a standard "user logic interface" component, however i don&#39;t seem to be able to find it or insantitate it! also i saw such a  component in one of the sopc builder examples (it appeared different to creating a custom compon http://forum.niosforum.com/work2/style_emoticons/<#emo_dir#>/blink.gif ent) but i couldn&#39;t find its source. does anyone know how to instantiate this component and how to use it ? i tied different locations in the "component/kit library search path" but had no luck 

<div align='right'><{post_snapback}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=13345) 

--- quote end ---  

--- Quote End ---  

Interface to "user logic interface" is finding in "Legacy Components" of SOPC Builder 

The instantiation is so easy like as using it :-) 

Just add it to system and set up its time parameters and "bus" parameters. 

"bus" parameters are "what do you need to ouput to world"  

It means - bit wide of data and address buses, reset signal an etc. 

Source of this component is generated by "SOPC buldier", it means that you do not find them.
0 Kudos