Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12602 Discussions

Internal compiler error - Moving from Nios II SBT 15.1 to 18.1

GIrip
Novice

I have tried to port one of my projects to Nios II SBT 18.1 (working on 15.1). Sadly I got an internal compiler error:

internal compiler error: in gt_ggc_m_S, at ggc-page.c:1483

Code causing the error in Nios II SBT 18.1 is the following:

constexpr Subindex() : mValue{0} {}

You can find attached a picture with the reported message and related code.

I tried to increase constexpr-depth parameter, but it did not help to solve. 

Aside moving to Nios II SBT 19.1, is there any possible solution to this issue? Any other suggestion?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
hareesh
Employee
0 Kudos
GIrip
Novice

Hi @hareesh,

Since Quartus 18.1 supports Altera® Nios® II Classic we did not remove it from our design. For my understanding, for Quartus 18.1 migration to Nios II Gen2 is suggested, but not mandatory. Migration is an option we consider for new projects not for old ones.

Anyway, is there anything in the migration guide to be applied to Altera® Nios® II Classic designs too?

Thanks for your suggestion.

0 Kudos
hareesh
Employee

Hi,

can you pls share your project files and your version details.

Thanks you,

0 Kudos
GIrip
Novice

Hi @hareesh,

what are the files you want me to share? Both FPGA and Nios FW projects, with all their related files (in this case a private communication can be better)? OR do you need only something specific like qsys and bsp settings files? 

About version details, our target is to move from Quartus Prime 15.1 to Quartus Prime 18.1 (Standard edition):

Quartus Prime 15.1 environment (working properly)

• Quartus Prime Version 15.1.1 Build 189 12/02/2015 SJ Standard Edition
  • Altera® Nios® II Classic
  • Nios II 15.1 SBT for Eclipse - Nios II Embedded Design Suite Version 15.1.0v20151022-0551
  • Eclipse Version Kepler Service Release 2 - Build Id: 20140224-0627

Quartus 18.1 environment (internal compiler error)

• Quartus Prime Version 18.1.0 Build 625 09/12/2018 SJ Standard Edition
  • Altera® Nios® II Classic
  • Nios II 18.1 SBT for Eclipse - Nios II Embedded Design Suite Version 18.1.0v20180913-1045
  • Eclipse Version Mars.2 Release(4.5.2) - Build Id: 20160218-0600

Thank you

0 Kudos
hareesh
Employee

Hi,

share qsys and bsp files. first i need to check those files then only i'll get idea about issue. after that i'll arrange private call.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
hareesh
Employee

Hi,

We do not receive any response from you to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread.

Thank you.

0 Kudos