Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12409 Discussions

Interniche and 2 eth interfaces

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I try to put in service the second eth interface on my HW. 

Interniche data structure should support several eth interface but it's not clear how i can custumize the sw. 

For example is S91_DEVICES define shows the number of eth interfaces? Now, I must modify S91_DEVICES from 2 to 1 for handling two eth interface and modify the get_mac_addr() and get_ip_addr() so to retrieve the correct value in according with the correct eth instance. 

Modify also s91_port_prep() in according to system.h file for HW address. 

Is correct? is sufficent only this or I need to customize other data structure or function?  

thnaks...
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Altera has not tested interniche+NIOS II with more than 1 eth interface so ... I've a dubt..is It possible configure Iniche for 2 or more Eth interface? 

In the standard Iniche SW suite included in "Eclipse packet" I see a comment about that the stack is able to handling only one eth. 

Someone as found a similar problem ?????