Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12589 Discussions

Issues while creating a Application and BSP Project in NIOS II SBT

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

I am a new bie in the NIOS II SBT (I have worked with NIOS II IDE previously) and I wanted to create a simple Application "Hello World" Project. 

This is the log I am getting from the NIOS II eclipse after trying to create a 'NIOS II Application and BSP from Template' 

"Error Creating Project: Failed to execute: ./create-this-app --no-make" 

I have attached the screenshot as well. Initially I thought it might be due to the admin privileges in my NIOS II workspace and I gave the admin privileges 

to that folder. This is my work space and that is not a folder or a sub folder in which a default Ecplise workspace in my system is defined. 

"C:\altera\nios2-sbt-workspace\Design_12

I am able to see the script generating both the application folder and the bsp folder inside the "software" directory in my Quartus II work space. 

Something is getting messed up when showing up that folder in my Eclipse NIOS II SBT Project Explorer, I guess. 

Some one, please help me here. I am getting struck with any thoughts, any help will be appreciated. 

Thank You, 

Akhil
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

Can someone be of assistance here please? That would be a big help. 

Thank You, 

Akhil
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

"create-this-app" is going to be a shell script that is placed into your new application folder. You can launch a "NIOS II Command Shell" (cygwin prompt) and attempt to run that script manually to see what the error is. 

If that script does not exist, this would indicate that the tools had trouble creating that script (check your admin privileges you mentioned). 

Overall, it sounds like a installation / permissions problem like you thought.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

There was the solution: http://www.altera.com/support/kdb/solutions/rd10082010_852.html 

Thank all for the help. 

Best, 

Akhil
0 Kudos