Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

JTAG usercode

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Dear Forum  

Does anybody know if it's possible the retrieve the JTAG usercode directly from an rbf file without loading into a device and using the JTAG command.  

I'd like to be able to parse the binary file in my controller code to verify the version before actually loading it into the device.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

originally posted by jskjoet@Mar 11 2006, 06:41 PM 

dear forum  

does anybody know if it's possible the retrieve the jtag usercode directly from an rbf file without loading into a device and using the jtag command.  

i'd like to be able to parse the binary file in my controller code to verify the version before actually loading it into the device. 

<div align='right'><{post_snapback}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=13339) 

--- quote end ---  

--- Quote End ---  

I think it is not possible. You may give request about your problem to Altera. :-) 

May be they would answer you. http://forum.niosforum.com/work2/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Dear Forum  

As I did not get loads of answers on this one I decided to do some hacking. 

It seems that the JTAG usercode value is hidden within a rbf file from byte 77 to byte 108 as bit 2 (0x04) starting with LSB. 

Read these 32 bytes to extract the 32 bits of usercode info.  

The byte numbering etc. might only apply to the ep1c6F I&#39;m current using, but the concept is probably the same for other Cyclone devices - but I dunno.  

If anybody has come across a way the verify the internal CRC of an rbf file I&#39;d like to hear about it
0 Kudos