Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12603 Discussions

KSZ9031RNX is note detecting in u-boot environment

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hii Everyone,  

I've been looking everywhere and could not find any correct resources to help me.  

I designed Ethernet board with Cyclone V(5CSEBA5U19A7N) using Quartus 15.1 Prime Standard.  

I am using KSZ9031RNX ethernet chip in my Board.  

I strucked in environment before linux kernel.In environment my ethernet chip is not detected.In place of my ethernet chip(KSZ9031RNX) it shows ethernet chip(KSZ9021RNX).  

/********************************************************  

micrel-ksz9021-clk-skew=0xf0f0  

micrel-ksz9021-data-skew=0x0  

********************************************************/  

I am unable to observe MII status .It didnt show anything related mii .  

/-----------------------------------------------------------------------------  

Environment size: 2555/4092 bytes  

SOCFPGA_CYCLONE5# mii info  

SOCFPGA_CYCLONE5#  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------/  

I generated preloader and u-boot.img in SOC Embedded Shell by using MAKE and MAKE UBOOT commands.  

My question is ...How to generate uboot.img to show my MII status and to detect my ethernet chip(KSZ9031RNX)..  

If anyone knows related to my querry.please inform me.  

Thanks in advance.  

Regards.  

Chethan
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi Chethan, 

You need to properly define the# defs in altera specific header files.  

In the Uboot check the below file: 

uboot-socfpga/include/configs/socfpga_common.h  

This heard file contains the# def for board specific PHY indication. # define CONFIG_PHY_MICREL_KSZ9021 

So it assumes the board contains that specific PHY.  

Hope you have already figured this out. It might be useful for some one else who end up here :)  

Regards, 

Sunil
0 Kudos