Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

LCD16207 Driver

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have read a few post and a lot of research concerning the 16207 LCD display. The driver published must be old and only for the DE2 board. I have been working on the Cyclone II - Nios2 2C35 board. There are definitely timing issues but I need some basic help before I can dig further. After compiling and configuring the kernel to include the driver the build completes without problems. After loading the new kernel it will not boot. After the console displays Uncompressing Linux... OK, loading kernel, the cycle starts over again. Only when I include the lcd16207 driver. I have heard others have had this problem but have no idea where to start looking. Any help appreciated.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Have anyone discovered a solution to this problem? I have the same...

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

To start with the LCD device is very critical of timing between three reset signals that it requires at startup. It does not appear that Linux is able meet these requirements.

0 Kudos