Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12599 Discussions

LXCORE.sys Fault when using Quartus Eclipse 20.1

James_B
New Contributor II

I am getting LXCORE.SYS blue screen from Windows 10 when using Eclipse 20.1. 

Particularly, when using Putty terminal program to debug Nios messages through a uart.

Just wondering if there is some sort of patch or known issue associated with this problem. 

Thanks.
James 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
James_B
New Contributor II

The general thought is to increase total RAM from 32GB to 128GB as a conservative measure to allocate substantial memory for Quartus and Eclipse in a Windows OS environment. With just a few applications open Windows is using 40% of 32 GB RAM. But getting the blue screen is still a mystery. Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
IntelSupport

Hi James_B,

May I know about your hardware connection to display the uart? Is there any usb to serial converter involved?

If there is a usb to serial converter, you can try other converter if available.

Try update the related driver for USB to serial converter for Windows may help.

Thanks.

Regards,

Aik Eu

0 Kudos
James_B
New Contributor II

Thanks for the feedback.

The converter is the standard FTDI FT232R device, and has worked for very long periods of time on this same computer and with multiple dev boards. The drivers are up to date. 

I've only encountered issues when upgrading to Quartus 20.1 and Eclipse 20.1 . . . I periodically get Eclipse just freezing and will not respond, and have to restart/reboot. 

0 Kudos
James_B
New Contributor II

The general thought is to increase total RAM from 32GB to 128GB as a conservative measure to allocate substantial memory for Quartus and Eclipse in a Windows OS environment. With just a few applications open Windows is using 40% of 32 GB RAM. But getting the blue screen is still a mystery. Thanks.

0 Kudos
aikeu
Employee

Hi James_B

I will marked this as close since there is no further questions for this case.

Thanks.

Regards,

Aik Eu

0 Kudos