Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

MAX10 project with Nios2

martim
Novice

Hi,

i'm developing a project running on MAX10 and based on Quartus Prime Lite and win10 64bit. The project needs:

> some logic functions implemented in VHDL (tested, they work fine)

> a NIOS2 processor demanded to perform some low priority task (temperature control, read ADC, driving LEDS, signalling, and so on...). I need NIOS to have the possibility to fast adjust the code in C instead of passing through VHDL. Nios will need the IPs listed below...

- on chip memory

- i2c

- jtag uart

- parallel io

With Quartus Prime Lite i can only test the code running on my target board, right? Looking at the website it seems that i cannot program the MAX10 in order to get a "final device" able to running itself.

Is there the possibility to purchase some IP license in order to perform my task, keeping quartus lite software?

Am i missing anything?

I had a look at the website but i cannot identify if some of the IPs are the solution to my problem.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/products/intellectual-property/design/ip-base-s...

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
EricMunYew_C_Intel

Hi, Montagna

Quartus Prime Lite is available for free, but it has limitation compared to Quartus Pro and Standard. You can find the details below:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/po/ss-quartus-comparison.pd...

The IPs that you are looking for are available for free in Lite, and you can generate bitfile for your target board.

Thanks.

Eric

EricMunYew_C_Intel

Hi, Montagna

Can we close this ?

Thanks.

Eric

martim
Novice
EricMunYew_C_Intel

Thanks Montagna.