Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

MPU changes information

BertrandBoudaud
Beginner

Hi,

We are trying to find information about what has changed for the MPU over the years.

Going back to documentations (edh_ed_handbooks) we can find that there was no changed between 2020.04 and 2021.10 but a large difference to the 2018.11.

We would like to know where to have information about what has been changed and when and if possible, documentation or release note about that change.

Thank you

Bertrand

0 Kudos
4 Replies
KellyJialin_Goh
Employee

Hi Bertrand,

Welcome to Intel's forum.

Regarding the information you requested, I may have it here for you with this link on the system design upgrade: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/programmable/683689/current/software-system-design-with-a-processor-97475.html

If this is not specific enough, I may have to ask the internal engineering team whether it is available.

Thank you and hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Kelly

0 Kudos
KellyJialin_Goh
Employee

Hi,

Any updates from your side whether this link and information is relevant for you?

Thank you.

Regards,

Kelly

0 Kudos
KellyJialin_Goh
Employee

Hi,

I have got some replies from the engineering team that there were no hardware changes of the MPU changes/improvement since Nios II release. The document update in Embedded Design Handbook and the link provided on MPU changes are the ones available to refer.

Thank you.

Regards,

Kelly

0 Kudos
KellyJialin_Goh
Employee

Hi,

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, Please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel Support are helpful, please feel free to give best answer or rate 4/5 survey.

Thank you.

Regards,

Kelly Jialin, GOH

0 Kudos