Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

MTD issue on the DE2-115

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi Everyone, 

Did anyone successfully running the uClinux and mount the mtd0 (8MB Flash memory) on the DE2-115? I tried to do the "flash_erase /dev/mtd0 0 3" and got error return message "No such device", then I realize it was never recognized from the bootup. I am sure I got my HDL wire correct and set it as a CFI flash component. 

output wire [22:0] fl_address_out,  

output wire [0:0] fl_read_n_out,  

output wire [0:0] fl_write_n_out,  

inout wire [7:0] fl_data_out,  

output wire [0:0] fl_chipselect_n_out,  

input wire fl_ready_busy_out,  

output wire fl_RST_N_out,  

output wire fl_writeprotect_n_out 

As for the kernel setting, I followed the same configuration from http://www.alterawiki.com/wiki/mtd 

The devicetree: 

ext_flash: flash@0x10000000 { 

compatible = "ALTR,cfi_flash-altera_generic_tristate_controller", "cfi-flash"; 

reg = < 0x10000000 0x00800000 >; 

bank-width = < 1 >; 

device-width = < 1 >; 

# address-cells = < 1 >; 

# size-cells = < 1 >; 

ext_flash@10000000 { 

reg = < 0x10000000 0x00000000 >; 

}; //end ext_flash@10000000 

}; //end flash@0x10000000 (ext_flash) 

The system had been boot up from the jtag and test out the flash read/write capability until recently I wanted to use it as a storage device. :confused: I am suspecting it has to do with the device tree and it's driver since I had a simpler issue with the SPI for the SD Card before. I greatly appreciated if anyone can point me in to the right direction on this.  

Thanks.
0 Kudos
0 Replies