Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12455 Discussions

Marvel PHY 88E1111 and TSE MAC loopback code example

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, I am using TSE MAC from Altera and Marvell PHY 88E1111 .The software i am using on nios processor is lwip stack example http://www.alteraforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23787 (http://www.alteraforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23787

It works perfectly on evaluation board and it worked well on my custom board.Due to hardware failure (short-circuit),it stopped working ( I am receiving corrupt data packets ).I am now struggling to determine the issue and i want to perform loopback on the PHY (various loopback options are documented on marvell phy datasheet,unable to attach it due to NDA).Does anybody have a loopback code example? 

I am asking because i pretty much have an idea how to set the appropriate registers (using altera API) ,but i have no idea how to send and receive data through TSE MAC in loopback,should i or should i not have delays in between ,etc.... 

Thank You, 

Michael
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Whether you need/want to program delays between the test packets depends more on what you are trying to test, and the speed/buffering available to the test software. 

For that level of testing you may want a special MAC driver, rather than one designed for normal operation.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Well,i suppose i wouldn't need that (at least for now).So,does anyone have an example for the loopback ? 

Thank You, 

Michael