Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12435 Discussions

Memory Test Failed when testing SRAM implemented in QSYS

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am trying to implement an interface for an external SRAM in Qsys. I used a Generic Tri-State Controller connected to a Tri-State Conduit Bridge. I am quite new to FPGAs, so this may not be the correct way to implement the SRAM interface. When I try to test the SRAM using the memory test application on NIOS I receive the error "-Data bus test failed at bit 0x1". 

I added a couple of lines to debug and I can see that the Pattern "1" is written to the base address 0x00080000, but when the base address is read the value is "1010101". 

My Qsys design is here.http://www.alteraforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=9682&stc=1  

I would appreciate any help available. Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
0 Replies