Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

MicroC/OS-II FIFO interface

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

I am new to Nios & MicroC/OS-II. 

My project consists of HDL that writes to a FIFO. In the same project, I have Nios and the TSE MAC in SOPC Builder. The software consists of NicheStack on MicroC/OS-II. I want to be able to read from the FIFO (from my HDL) and send it over a TCP connection. I can create an OSTask that can send data on a TCP connection. 

Any pointers on how to access my HDL FIFO in MicroC/OS-II? 

Thanks in advance!
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'd suggest You using Avalon-ST FIFO, which write side would be connected to the data input pins exported from SOPC and the read data port would be connected to Avalon-ST interconnect. Then connect FIFO read side to SGDMA, which will move FIFO data to memory. Reading from memory is a matter of pointers in Nios then.