Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

MicroC/OS-II tutorial problem

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I just started NIOS II with MicroC/OS-II development this week. I installed Quartus 11.0 wtih SP1 and EDS. I have Altera eval board 3C120. 

I followed the tutorial "using microc/os-ii rtos with the nios ii processor tutorial (pdf)". I built application and BSP successfully, and .sof file is programmed to eval board successfuly. But when I get to the point to run application, the tutorial says "Right-click ucosii_tutorial, point to Run As, and click Nios II Hardware to download the program to the board and run it.". But the "Run As" submenu does not have "Nios II Hardware" choice. It only has "Local C/C++ Applicaiton" to choose. 

Did I miss anything in my setup? Any help will be appreciated.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Better use "Nios II Application from Template" and choose MicroC/OS-II option, when creating a new system. It will include all the required stuff for RTOS.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

It turns out that when installing 11.0 EDS, I did not include optional "Legacy Package: Nios II IDE / GCC3 Toolchain / C2H Compiler". After I included the legacy packages, "Nios II Hardware" shows up in "Run As" menu (and a couple of other choices also shown in the menu).

0 Kudos