Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

Middleware on FPGA?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

I was wondering whether anyone has already succesfully implemented a standard middleware system like CORBA or MPI (mpich) on a stratix device. If so, is it a lot of work or relatively easy? 

With kind regards, 

JM
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi JM, 

I implemented a custom transport that can be used with an IP implementing a ORB in fpga, so you can use the fpga as any processor connected via corba... 

I am not sure that after nine years you were still waiting for an answer... :) 

A_g 

--- Quote Start ---  

Hello, 

I was wondering whether anyone has already succesfully implemented a standard middleware system like CORBA or MPI (mpich) on a stratix device. If so, is it a lot of work or relatively easy? 

With kind regards, 

JM 

--- Quote End ---  

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I think nine years ago JM figured it out by himself and never came back to check out forum answers :) as it is not hard to implement a middleware system like CORBA or MPI on a stratix device for guy, working for an app development agency (http://www.intellectsoft.net/about.html). But thank you altera_guy76, it will be useful for other forum users.

0 Kudos
_AK6DN_
Valued Contributor I

You are replying to a post that is *9* years old and anonymized from the old Altera pre-Intel forum...

...and was a reply to a post that was *9* years old at that time. So *18* years ago original post ...

0 Kudos
_AK6DN_
Valued Contributor I

... LOL looks like the post on 10/11/2023 I was responding to has been deleted.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

@_AK6DN_    Yes, it was spam, and it was deleted.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos