Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12435 Discussions

Missing driver for custom component in NIOS SBT.

GK4
Beginner

Currently I'm trying to get a custom driver into my NIOS SBT.

I added a <component>_hw.tcl and a <component>_sw.tcl into a custom folder and added it to my ip search path in quartus. Looks like the <compoent>_hw.tcl is working. All files are loaded and so on. But I am missing the .c and .h files from my _sw.tcl in the NIOS SBT.

I tried my best to keep track of the steps in this document: https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/hb/nios2/n2sw_nii5v2.pdf

But I guess I missed something there.

My _sw.tcl file: (_hw.tcl is too huge for the question)

The _hw.tcl is the zim_qspi_controller_hw.tcl where there is the line set_module_property NAME zim_qspi_controller and top level is named the same. The files are in the same directory.

# Set the driver name and link it agains the zim_qspi_controller Module create_driver zim_qspi_controller_driver set_sw_property hw_class_name zim_qspi_controller   # Carriage Return gehört noch entfernt. # Mit replace, extendend und replace \r mit nichts   set_sw_property version 18.0   set_sw_property min_compatible_hw_version 0.7   set_sw_property auto_initialize true   set_sw_property csr_interfaces "data,csr"   set_sw_property bsp_subdirectory drivers   add_sw_property c_source HAL/src/zim_qspi_controller.c   add_sw_property include_source HAL/inc/zim_qspi_controller.h add_sw_property include_source inc/zim_qspi_controller_regs.h   add_sw_property supported_bsp_type HAL add_sw_property supported_bsp_type UCOSII # add_sw_property supported_bsp_type hal # add_sw_property supported_bsp_type LWHAL   # End of file

To add, no ip folder is created when compiling the design (where the software files should be?) and I am using Platform Designer 18.0 build 614.

0 Kudos
0 Replies