Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12435 Discussions

ModelSim Altera bug in Create Pattern Wizard

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm trying to use the pattern wizard on modelsim to simulate a simple flip-flop d that i wrote in verilog, i'm following the tutorial on altera.com/literature/ug/ug_gs_msa_qii.pdf and when i click in Edit -> Create/Modify Waveform the window appear but when i hit next suddenly the window shrinks and i can't do nothing to bring it to normal, see these pictures: 

dropbox.com/s/ru4m1aj4m031y3x/ms_altera_bug1.png 

and when i hit next: 

dropbox.com/s/65hq4wkjpw1bwxc/ms_altera_bug_2.png 

I know that the better way to do this is writing an test bench for it, but for now i want to keep it as simple as possible, it is a ff d. 

It seems to me that this is a bug, caused by some library that i have and don't know each one it is. By the way i'm running it under Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS and the version of ModelSim is 10.1b for quartus 12.1
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I have the same problem, did you get any solution since you wrote this post? 

--- Quote Start ---  

I'm trying to use the pattern wizard on modelsim to simulate a simple flip-flop d that i wrote in verilog, i'm following the tutorial on altera.com/literature/ug/ug_gs_msa_qii.pdf and when i click in Edit -> Create/Modify Waveform the window appear but when i hit next suddenly the window shrinks and i can't do nothing to bring it to normal, see these pictures: 

dropbox.com/s/ru4m1aj4m031y3x/ms_altera_bug1.png 

and when i hit next: 

dropbox.com/s/65hq4wkjpw1bwxc/ms_altera_bug_2.png 

I know that the better way to do this is writing an test bench for it, but for now i want to keep it as simple as possible, it is a ff d. 

It seems to me that this is a bug, caused by some library that i have and don't know each one it is. By the way i'm running it under Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS and the version of ModelSim is 10.1b for quartus 12.1 

--- Quote End ---  

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Sadly I couldn't work with the "Pattern Wizard" in MultiSim, I finally opted to work with TestBenches, the graphical aproach didn't get me anywhere. 

I think that I try it in windows XP, and if my memory isn't wrong, it happened the same problem, but it's worth an try. 

--- Quote Start ---  

Hi, 

I have the same problem, did you get any solution since you wrote this post? 

--- Quote End ---  

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Ok, Thank you for your fast reply.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Has anyone found a solution for this problem? I would very much like to use the Pattern Wizard.  

I'm using Ubuntu 12.04. Has anyone had success with this feature in more recent editions?