Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

More New Component Bugs....

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I just created two New Components. (Just duplicating two proven/working Interface To User Logic components from a pre 1.1 system) 

I don't know where the first one went to. It's not in the list and I can't find it on my hard drive. I thought the second one was missing also, but when I edit the component titled "untitled" it turns out to be my second component. In the component Wizard it has the correct name "SCAN_IN" that I gave it when I created it, but in the User Component tree its called "untitled". 

I'll let you know if I find the first one. 

Can anyone tell me what to manually edit so that my component will appear in the list with the proper name? It's a little scary editting the class.ptf file, since the first thing it says in the file is "DO NOT MODIFY THIS FILE". 

Thanks, 

Ken
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

What were the names of these components (that you intended)?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

One was SCAN_IN and one was SCAN_SETUP. Is there a blacklist of unusable names? http://forum.niosforum.com/work2/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif  

Only took the best part of the day to port over (just the SOPC part) a few IUL&#39;s and PIO&#39;s. One 1 bit PIO named PWR_LED kept coming into Quartus as pio_0.  

Maybe its just the cost of being on the cutting edge.  

Thanks, 

Ken
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

It&#39;s been a while since I looked at the component editor. You may need to tell SOPC builder the search path to finds these properly (File --> SOPC Builder Setup --> Component/Kit search path). 

Another thing that may be causing this is the "SCAN_" names (maybe the underscore isn&#39;t allowed). 

I hope one of my two cents fixes this, 

Good-luck
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi Ken, 

When you create a new component, go to the last Submenue &#39;Component Wizard&#39;. Here you must enter the name of your component (default = untitled) and in which group it should appear (default = &#39;User Logic&#39;). Next time you start SOPC builder the component is present. A double click adds this component to your CPU. You can edit your component with right click on the original component name in user group. After you made changes, you cannot update your parts previously added to the CPU. You have to delete these and re-add them again. 

Hope this solves your problem. 

Mike
0 Kudos