Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12452 Discussions

My problem is, that in the Run- and Debug-Configurations the "NiosII Hardware" Section is missing (under "Run As" / "Debug As"). Only the "Local C/C++ Application" can be selected.

FENGE1
Beginner

Hi there,

I am using Quartus 11.1sp2_259, and i also installed 11.1 SP2 Patch 2.11 for Windows in order to be able to use the USB-Blaster. My operating System is Windows 10.

My problem is, that in the Run- and Debug-Configurations the "NiosII Hardware" Section is missing (under "Run As" / "Debug As"). Only the "Local C/C++ Application" can be selected.

After searching answers in the forum, I allready tried the following, but without success unfortuneately:

- Reinstalled the complete Quartus 11.1

- Running the NIOSII in compatibility mode for windows, and running it as an Administrator

- Checked if multiple USB-Blaster's are configured with "jtagconfig.exe" (only one was present)

- Generating a new "HelloWorld" project from scratch

Can you please advise me on what might be the problem with my configuration?

Thanks and best regards,

Florian Engeler

0 Kudos
2 Replies
FENGE1
Beginner

I nevertheless finally resolved the issue by using the windows compatibility mode. For some reason this did not work when i did it manually, but when using the windows trouble-shooter, it worked fine:

https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/set-compatibility-mode-windows-10

Ahmed_H_Intel1
Employee

Great news, I happy you solved the issue. Please let me know if you need more support.