Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12436 Discussions

NAND Flash controller for Cyclone V E family

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I would like to use a NAND flash component on my design with a Cyclone V E FPGA and having trouble to use the generic tri-state Mega function to work with it. The NAND flash component I selected is a Spansion S34MS02G1 (256Mb x16). The part I don't get is the address I/O are the same as the data I/O which I am not sure how to specific in the generic tri-state Mega function. Does anyone have experience working with NAND flash component with Cyclone V E family before? Any recommendation on Mega function for NAND flash works with NIOS II. Please let me know. 

Thanks, 

Yeung
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have a micron 1Gb x16 connected to Cyclone IV E. I wrote a custom component, but a generic avalon tristate bridge should work just fine. 

Sopc,et,ntust.edu.tw openip git has a sample implementation - I never tested it myself though. Regarding timing and constraints you can 

check Constraining_SOPC_Designs.doc.