Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12599 Discussions

NIOS Application and BSP from Template Doesn't Work

DiBosco
Novice

If I create an hello world application as per the you tube videos:

Designing with NIOS® II Processor Part 1 and 2

I can make a processor in Quartus easily, can compile is uccessfuuly, but when I try to create a project in the execrable Eclipse by doing:

File | New | NIOS II Application and BSP from template

The system just sits there doing bot all with that annoying red and blue arrow spinning round and round forever.

This is the same on two Linux installations. It should not be this difficult.

What on earth could be going on please? Happy to give any more information as necessary.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @DiBosco,

Thank you for posting in Intel community forum and hope this message find you well, apologies for the delayed in response.
Apologies for the inconvenient face,as mention issues seems to be that you are stuck in the trying to create new nios application and BSP template, which you did not managed to reached the sopcinfo files selection?

Can you please provide a screenshot of the mention screen that stuck? and which quartus version are you using? And are you running in windows or linux?
Hope to hear from you soon.

Warm regards.
BB

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @DiBosco,

Greeting and thanks for sharing the solution, for the other thread we will be follow up on that accordingly. Hence will be closing this thread. If you have further queries, Please do post a response in the next 15 days.
After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you with your follow-up questions.

Warm regards
BB

0 Kudos