Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12600 Discussions

NIOS II 11.0--Error creating project

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am new to NIOS. I have build an SOPC system using Quartus 11.0. The system has an on-chip ram. Now, I am using NIOS II - Eclipse platform to build the application. I choose "New NIOS II Application and BSP from template". After adding my SOPC Information file, I selected blank project, but when I try to create the project, it gives the following error.  

Quote: 

SEVERE: [Error] altera_hal_linkerx_generator: Required linker section mappings do not exist: "[.entry, .exceptions, .rodata, .rwdata, .text, .bss, .heap, .stack]" 

SEVERE: [Error] altera_hal_linkerx_generator: Required linker section mappings do not exist: "[.entry, .exceptions, .rodata, .rwdata, .text, .bss, .heap, .stack]" 

SEVERE: nios2-bsp-create-settings failed. 

nios2-bsp: nios2-bsp-create-settings failed 

nios2-bsp hal . D:/***.sopcinfo --cpu-name cpu failed 

Can somebody help me with this? Is this error caused by some problem with my SOPC system or there is some other reason. 

I am using NIOS II EDS 11.0. 

Any response is highly appreciated. 

---------------------------
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have the same problem... 

Can anyone help us?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm using BeMicro SDK board and I have exactly same problem but I could not find a solution yet. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, when generating the BSP, try this: 

in BSP editor-> liker script sheet assign linker region name to the desired sections. The .entry and .exception are set from SOPC/QSYS. 

I hope that was helpful.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks.  

it works...
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hi, when generating the BSP, try this: 

in BSP editor-> liker script sheet assign linker region name to the desired sections. The .entry and .exception are set from SOPC/QSYS. 

I hope that was helpful. 

--- Quote End ---  

Hey, 

Can you please explain what do you mean by ".entry and .exception are set from sopc/qsys". When I am in BSP editor-> linker script Tab, I cannot select .entry and .exception options. Please let me know if I am doing something wrong or I am missing something. 

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, exactly my point. 

You can modify those field from SOPC/QSYS only. 

https://www.alteraforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=8394
0 Kudos