Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12421 Discussions

NIOS II Create Accumulator to assign data from PIOs?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Ok my cuestion is, I have one project created with the processor NIOS II standard, may i implement inside the same project an accumulator to asign data from the PIOs of the processor in less how i can insert a symbol (accumulator) in the same project NIOS II. :(:(:(

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

what you wanna do??? 

you can read pios and store to onchip ram....
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

what you wanna do??? 

you can read pios and store to onchip ram.... 

--- Quote End ---  

Read Pios and accumulate to add with a phase! and store in a LUT...
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

thats many ways to do that........... when i saw you can read pios and store to a onchip this is sof solution.... 

or you can do it in hardware..... do a vhdl acumulator and read by avalon mm
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

thats many ways to do that........... when i saw you can read pios and store to a onchip this is sof solution.... 

or you can do it in hardware..... do a vhdl acumulator and read by avalon mm 

--- Quote End ---  

or you can do it in hardware..... do a vhdl acumulator and read by avalon mm, yes this is a good option, but i need construct a cosine a sine signal and the best form for me its using a NIOS II processor, because the data is from a MATLAB GUI. :)
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

add to your vhdl block a spi interface to communicate to fpga...... and at sopc add a MM to read data from this block 

http://www.alterawiki.com/wiki/spi_slave_to_avalon_mm
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

add to your vhdl block a spi interface to communicate to fpga...... and at sopc add a MM to read data from this block 

http://www.alterawiki.com/wiki/spi_slave_to_avalon_mm 

--- Quote End ---  

ok this block its basically to communicate data betwen FPGA and NIOS II, thanks! :)
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

yes.... 

good luck 

Franz Wagner