Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12455 Discussions

NIOS II IDE 9.0 to 12.0 question

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello  

i am used to use the NIOS 2 ide 9.0 and i have many project that i was able to import them into the work place by just choosing the "Existing Nios II software build tools project or folder into workspace" option however i recently upgraded my nios 2 IDE to 12.0 and i cant find how to import the projects that were built using the NIOS 2 IDE 9.0 

any ideas? 

thank you
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, Nios II SBT version > 10 uses the "Board Support Package (BSP)" instead of "system library (SYSLIB)" 

uses qsys instead of SOPC. 

I think with version >= 12, the "syslib" support has been dropped. 

So create the QSYS : You can convert old SOPC to QSYS quite easily. But I prefer rewrite from scratch the Qsys component. 

[B]For software, you had to create the BSP{/B] : In NIOS II SBT, file menu > new...> create NIOS II application & Board support Package