Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

NIOS II IDE error

ntahoturi5922
Novice

http fpga server error on try 1.png

If anyone has gotten such error, Can you let me know how you fixed it?

Much appreciated!!!! 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ShengN_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Need a system timer in your SOPC project.

• In SOPC builder, you'll find the timer in the library: Peripherals > Interval timer 
  • Set a timeout period of 10ms and select the Simple periodic interrupt preset. 
  • Then regenerate your SOPC system and recompile Quartus project. 
  •  Make sure that the system clock inside OS_CFG.h file points to 10ms timing.
  • I don't remember if the bsp settings are automatically adjusted. If not you may need to update them and select the timer you just created as system timer before recompiling the software.

Best Regards,

Sheng

p/s: If any answer from community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to mark as solution and give Kudos.

0 Kudos
ntahoturi5922
Novice

I tried the solution but I got into different issue. Maybe there is issue in my design that i am not aware of. I attached a photo of my platform designer picture of the system. Is there something I am missing?

0 Kudos
ShengN_Intel
Employee

Hi,

My Ethernet soft core uses CFI_flash. The EXT_FLASH_BASE in network_utilities.c in simple_socket_server_rgmii should be CFI_FLASH_BASE, the compilation can pass

I notice the core you use in SOPC is cti_FLASH. May be you have to change both EXT_FLASH_BASE and EXT_FLASH_NAME in network_utilities.c to cti_FLASH_BASE and cti_FLASH_NAME respectively.

Best Regards,

Sheng

p/s: If any answer from community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to mark as solution and give Kudos.

0 Kudos
ShengN_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Any further update or consideration? Does the suggested solution help?

Best Regards,

Sheng

0 Kudos
ntahoturi5922
Novice

I don't get the error anymore but after fixing that error, I get different errors. So, I decided to approach the problem differently including creating a whole new system. 

0 Kudos