Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

NIOS Not Findary Library

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have simple NIOS processor that has a UART. The NIOS Hello World template is used to create a simple program. I delared FILE *fp. The entire program is as follows: # include stdio.h main () { FILE *fp fp = fopen("dev/uart_rs232", "r+"); fprintf(fp, "New project"); fclose(fp); } it won't compile saying undefined reference to fopen. undefined reference to fwrite (I don't even have fwrite anywhere!) Anyone know what's wrong. Thanks (Can't separate lines for some reason. This forum automatically formats)

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Can't figure it out. I deleted the "software" folder in the project and started all over. Now it works! However, it also appears that the "reduced device drivers" has to be UNCHECKED. Don't know yet.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Yeah, I'm pretty certain that very few (to none) of the POSIX-like features would exist in a "reduced drivers" piece of software. There are smaller footprint versions of some of these functions...look for "alt_*" named files...if you need to reduce memory footprint.

0 Kudos