Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12600 Discussions

NIOS SBT for Eclipse HELP!!!!!!!

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I cannot figure out how to get the SBT to open in eclipse and there is ZERO documentation about this online. All documentation seems to start with "open up the SBT for eclipse" and assumes that how to do that is self evident. The NIOS options I see people referring to are not visible in Eclipse anywhere, and when I press the "NIOS II Software Build Tools for Eclipse" button in SOPC builder nothing happens.  

I have already uninstalled and reinstalled Quartus II 10.1 SP1 3 times and it has had no effect. I even tried to install the NIOS EDS as a stand alone install but the installer won't even recognize that there is a current version of Quartus on the machine. I've tried everything I can think of and I'm totally stumped. Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Download the ALTERA installer and install everything from there... 

https://www.altera.com/download/dnl-index.jsp (13mb file)
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Ya. Sorry, I forgot to mention that I tried that already. That was actually the first thing I tried. The altera installer will not work on my machine. It spends eternity looking for an internet connection and never finds one. I'm pretty sure that has something to do with the network settings at my office. I've asked IT for the settings, and I'm sure they will get back to me sometime before the year 2034.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Going to try and download the whole ACDS as an .iso and install it that way. Installing each individual file piecemeal just isn't working. 

I don't see a .iso download option for 10.1 sp1 on the download site. I'm pretty sure my current license doesn't cover 11.0. If anyone has the location of a 10.1 sp1 .iso download, that would be super! I'll check back in after the 6 hour download...
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

UPDATE: My office does not use a proxy server, so I would also be interested to know what could cause the Altera Installer to eternally be "checking internet connection" and if anyone else has had this problem. Altera updates tools so frequently I just think it would be good to know for the next time I have to download something.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Are you behind a NAT? I normally use the ISO installer so I'm not sure if my own NAT blocks the installer or not these days. Last time I used the installer it ran fine behind a NAT but I made sure my software based firewall was down when doing so.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Your license cover all Quartus softwares in a range of 1 year so yes you can use Quartus 11. 

Really weird this problem you are having with altera installer. Not sure how can i help you with that.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

According to IT I'm not behind a NAT. They did suggest that the software firewall that they have installed on each machine could be blocking the ports the installer needs, so you are probably right with the suggestion to turn off the firewall. Unfortunately, I don't have access to those settings. 

The .iso install works fine and I have the NIOS SBT up and running. Thanks for the help!
0 Kudos