Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12600 Discussions

NIOS on cyclone V GT device

Yogesh
Novice

I have done an SOC project on cyclone V SX device which does the following :

1) write some input data(say 10 locations) to DDR (through C code and angstrom terminal)

2) trigger RTL , after complete processing ,RTL will store output in some locaton of DDR.

3)Then Read that output data from ddr and store it in some file (through C code and angstrom terminal)

Now I want to do the same using NIOS on cyclone V GT device, is there an example design which does the above function , So I can modify the same setup by replaceing RTL with my codes ?

I am aware of platform designer , but I need help with the C code which addresses DDR of cyclone V GT device.

Please provide me a reference design example files which does similar functions.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Eliath_G_Intel
Employee

Hi Yogesh,

Thanks for reaching us!

we don't have an example design with those functionalities but you can use the next link to unzip the project you'll find there to implement what you need into your design. The link will show you the way of giving the solution you need.

Please let me know any questions you may have!

Regards,

-Eliath Guzman

0 Kudos
Yogesh
Novice
Hi ,
I am using cyclone V GT Development kit and quartus prime standard edition 18.1 .
I will be using NIOS II along with my RTL .
Could you please provide an example reference design for the same specification ?
0 Kudos
Eliath_G_Intel
Employee

You can use the next Reference Design

Regards,

-Eliath

0 Kudos
Yogesh
Novice

Hi,

I used these 2 design examples.

1)CVGT Nios II Simple Socket Server Quick Reference Guide -
2) Using the NicheStack TCP/IP Stack - Nios II Tutorial

1.png

The simple_server.c code provided is same for both design examples.

I am expecting this window from there documentation while running 2nd design,

2.png

but I get this window which is same as 1st design (there is only 1 simple_socket_server.c code provided-- which is wrong ) 

3.png

Please provide me the simple_socket_server.c code for the 2nd project. 

0 Kudos