Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12596 Discussions

NIOS2-download Not downloading new program

akuma40
Beginner

Looks like nios2-download -g myprogram.elf , every time execute the old binary and not the new program.

Interesting facts.

1. if i change the original C program little bit, recompile it and download using nios2-download -g command, it seems like fpga take the updated version of NIOS C program and runs it
  2. If i change the original NIOS C program more then 3 lines of code, then download updated program using nios2-download, fpga still execute the original old NIOS C program.

Symtoms are same, even if i used the NIOS-Eclipse tool

Facts.

1. I had connected nios_debug_request to reset of nios processor in socpc builder, but remove the connection gives me same symtoms, so i think this is not related to reset connection. I see nios2-download show a) successfull memory verification and processor restart

question:

1. is it possible to download a new program and makes it work, i think so and hence i believe this is supported features, any idea what i am missing here?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Using NIOS-Eclipse tool try to clean and build the project and check it.

Can you share the project and information about the tools and device used?

Let me know if this has helped resolve the issue you are facing or if you need any further assistance.

Best Regards,

Anand Raj Shankar

(This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation)

0 Kudos
Ahmed_H_Intel1
Employee

Hi,

This is totally up normal to have the elf not up to date. which version you are using?.

I Can solve your issue if I have screen-shoots of it and the error message (if you have).

Regards

0 Kudos