Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12435 Discussions

Need help::: Error: Node instance "XXX" instantiates undefined entity "XXX"

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi all, 

I am using nios processor to controll the userlogic(verilog) for my project.I have little experience with schematic entry. so I have created the symbol from the verilog code and I have connected both systems. 

When I try to compile my design I am getting this kind of errors. 

Error: Node instance "onchip_mem" instantiates undefined entity "processor18_onchip_mem" 

Error: Node instance "cpu18" instantiates undefined entity "processor18_cpu18" 

Error: Node instance "jtag_uart18" instantiates undefined entity "processor18_jtag_uart18" 

Those are just examples I am getting 64 errors(for each part I have used in processor ).Is there anyone having idea about this error. 

My final design should work exactly like as you see in the picture.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Sorry for the previous post, 

I forgot to add .qip file to my project.But still I have a problem.If you see the schematic you will find a bidirectional bus (data_pio_external to port_0_io ).Is it proper way of connecting bidirectional nodes.Because I am getting some Error: Port "port_0_io[0]" does not exist in macrofunction "inst".
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You should only use bidirectional signals when connecting to i/o ports of the FPGA. Signals inside the FPGA can only go in one direction. I don't think Quartus can synthesize an internal bidirectional bus, it will probably stop with a multiple drivers error.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Sorry for the previous post, 

I forgot to add .qip file to my project.But still I have a problem.If you see the schematic you will find a bidirectional bus (data_pio_external to port_0_io ).Is it proper way of connecting bidirectional nodes.Because I am getting some Error: Port "port_0_io[0]" does not exist in macrofunction "inst". 

--- Quote End ---  

" i am facing same problem for compilation, but i can't understang what the .qip file is and how to add it to project. please help."
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi sarath  

were you able to solve your problem with this Error (12006): Node instance "xxxx" instantiates undefined entity "xxxx" ? If you did, could you please explain how did you manage it? 

Thanks
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

This error means that you don't set you own library, yet. Go to assignments >> settings >> library (category field) >> add your library path, then apply it.