Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12420 Discussions

Network unreachable with Ubuntu in DE1-SoC even when the Ethernet cable is connected

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am using Altera DE1-SoC for booting Ubuntu and I am able to boot it and root into it. But when I try to do apt-get update or apt-get install function-name, I am not able to connect to network and it's unreachable always, even when I try to connect through Ethernet. I'm not sure whether my Ethernet cable is getting recognized, but I could see a orange light coming on the port.  

This is the error that I get, when I try to connect to the network. I am helpless in this issue and any inputs will be greatly appreciated. 

Cannot initiate the connection to ports.ubuntu.com:80 (91.189.88.151). - connect (101: Network is unreachable) 

Thanks, 

Swaminath
0 Kudos
0 Replies