Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

Nichestack TCP binding error

Michael_vdV
Novice

Hello,

On the Arria 10 GX Development I have a design using the Nichestack running without problems.

But I'm having problems getting almost the same design running on a my own board.

I think differences are negligible except that my board has a different (smaller) FPGA: 10AX048H3F34E2LG.

I get the following error when trying to create_server_socket:

create_server_socket: Creating TCP server socket
create_server_socket: Binding TCP server socket
create_server_socket: result=-1 (errno=12 "Not enough space")
create_server_socket: Error binding TCP server socket

I don't have a clue on how to resolve. What does it mean? And how can I fix it?

Thank you

0 Kudos
8 Replies
KellyJialin_Goh
Employee

Hi,

The NicheStack TCP Stack software and driver package are discontinued starting with Intel® Quartus® Prime Pro Edition software version 21.3 and Intel Quartus Prime Standard Edition software version 21.1. A new TCP/IP stack is planned for a future release of Intel Quartus Prime Design Suite. Therefore, it is no longer supported on NIOS II.

However, the NIOS V processor does support the NicheStack and you could try it on NIOS V. For further details, do refer to Chapter 6 of the handbook here :

https://www.intel.com/programmable/technical-pdfs/726952.pdf

Thank you.

Regards,

Kelly Jialin, GOH

0 Kudos
KellyJialin_Goh
Employee

Hi,

Is the information provided useful to you?

Regards,

Kelly

0 Kudos
Michael_vdV
Novice

Hi Kelly,

Unfortunately I have to use NIOS II with NicheStack.

Nevertheless I resolved the issue.

The NicheStack was not done initializing when I was trying to create socket.

I'm using MicroOS/uC tasks which were running in parallel (Nichestack run-time task, started before Nichetack init was completed).

0 Kudos
KellyJialin_Goh
Employee

Hi,

Are there any further issues that you encountered?

Regards,

Kelly

0 Kudos
KellyJialin_Goh
Employee

Hi,

Any updates from your side?

Regards,

Kelly

0 Kudos
KellyJialin_Goh
Employee

Hi,

Any updates from your side?

Regards,

Kelly

0 Kudos
Michael_vdV
Novice

Hi,

As said I resolved the issue, and did not encounter any issues related to iNicheStack so far.

Thank you for the support.

Regards,

Michael

0 Kudos
KellyJialin_Goh
Employee

Hi,

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, Please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel Support are helpful, please feel free to give best answer or rate 9/10 survey.

Thank you.

Regards,

Kelly Jialin, GOH

0 Kudos