Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12596 Discussions

Nios Eclipse Console Scrolling output too fast

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am testing the software of a design and I get console output (not of a program but the build project, or load command results) in Eclipse EDK but it goes so fast. I am trying to figure out why I get errors when downloading the design in eclipse and they flash on the screen so fast that I can't decipher what they say and they disappear and aren't scrolled up. If I could figure out the commands, I could try executing them on a cygwin terminal line at least, then I could see the messages. Any clue on how to stop the console from clearing between commands.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Not sure, but you could try using "nios2-download -g <your ELF> && nios2-terminal" from a Nios II command shell. This isn't exactly what SBT for Eclipse does, but it could help you move along.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Not sure, but you could try using "nios2-download -g <your ELF> && nios2-terminal" from a Nios II command shell. This isn't exactly what SBT for Eclipse does, but it could help you move along. 

--- Quote End ---  

Thanks, but the makefile sources a lot of variables in the makefile and when I try to run the  

'make download-elf'  

for example, it complains because those variables defined in the beginning of the Makefile are not being referenced or set...do I need to figure out how to read Makefiles and set all those...isn't there a way to stop the console or record it somewhere... 

all this is because I get a verify error on download and I can never read where its failing because it disappears too quickly.. 

Salman
0 Kudos