Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12435 Discussions

Nios Eclipse Console Scrolling output too fast

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am testing the software of a design and I get console output (not of a program but the build project, or load command results) in Eclipse EDK but it goes so fast. I am trying to figure out why I get errors when downloading the design in eclipse and they flash on the screen so fast that I can't decipher what they say and they disappear and aren't scrolled up. If I could figure out the commands, I could try executing them on a cygwin terminal line at least, then I could see the messages. Any clue on how to stop the console from clearing between commands.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Not sure, but you could try using "nios2-download -g <your ELF> && nios2-terminal" from a Nios II command shell. This isn't exactly what SBT for Eclipse does, but it could help you move along.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Not sure, but you could try using "nios2-download -g <your ELF> && nios2-terminal" from a Nios II command shell. This isn't exactly what SBT for Eclipse does, but it could help you move along. 

--- Quote End ---  

Thanks, but the makefile sources a lot of variables in the makefile and when I try to run the  

'make download-elf'  

for example, it complains because those variables defined in the beginning of the Makefile are not being referenced or set...do I need to figure out how to read Makefiles and set all those...isn't there a way to stop the console or record it somewhere... 

all this is because I get a verify error on download and I can never read where its failing because it disappears too quickly.. 

Salman