Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12600 Discussions

Nios IDE doesn't launch. How to change a path?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello! 

Nios 9.1 IDE doesn't launch. There is an error "a java runtime environment or java development kit must be available in order to run nios2-ide. No Java virtual machine was found after searching the following locations: C:\altera\13.0sp1\quartus\bin\jre\bin\javaw.exe 'javaw.exe' in your current PATH" 

Quartus 13.0sp1 was uninstalled yesterday, all files in registry editor were deleted too.  

There is only Quartus 9.1 installed on computer. 

So how to change PATH from "C:\altera\13.0sp1\quartus\bin\jre\bin\javaw.exe" to "C:\altera\9.1sp1\quartus\bin\jre\bin\javaw.exe" for Nios 9.1 IDE? 

Thank you! 

Sorry for my english, if there are any mistakes.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi. 

The error message said that there is not any java virtual machine installed in your computer. 

Do you have a Java installation in your PC? 

If not, you need to download a jre installation file and install it. 

I recommend you the JRE 1.6.0_45 version. 

Please, let me know if you can solve your issue.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

oh no.. you need to get a preferred version maybe standard edition runtime environment version 6. 

http://java.sun.com/javase/6/webnotes/runtime.html
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

something is not right here, that package should come together during the installation, where should not be install separately.

0 Kudos