Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12422 Discussions

Nios II Board support Package error

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hi, 

this is Laxman, I am New to altera FPGA and i am using Quartus II for Cyclone II DE1 board. 

I am creating BSP in NIOS II and It is compiling successfully but at the end of compilation it showing an error and that error screen shot is attached.can u please tell me what is this about and how to resolve this problem. 

thanks and regards
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, Which version of Quartus do you use ? Quartus >= 13.1 doesn't support Cyclone II anymore 

Have you created your "hardware" ? I mean the QSYS component (which include NIOS II processor + qsys_interconnect_bus + bridge+ ...) and "peripherals" in a top level file (VHDL, quartus II schématics...) 

After, In NIOS II SBT, create a project based on a NIOS II template. See Project > New > NIOS II BSP... 

do you have full read/write permissions to your project ? does your project dir contain spaces ? 

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

thanks for your immediate reply. 

I am using 12.0 version of Quartus II and can u share me the detailed documents for the process of building my application in qsys. 

thanks. 

--- Quote Start ---  

Hi, Which version of Quartus do you use ? Quartus >= 13.1 doesn't support Cyclone II anymore 

Have you created your "hardware" ? I mean the QSYS component (which include NIOS II processor + qsys_interconnect_bus + bridge+ ...) and "peripherals" in a top level file (VHDL, quartus II schématics...) 

After, In NIOS II SBT, create a project based on a NIOS II template. See Project > New > NIOS II BSP... 

do you have full read/write permissions to your project ? does your project dir contain spaces ? 

--- Quote End ---