Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12603 Discussions

Nios II C/C++ Application and BSP Template not found

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I am using 10.1 version of Nios II Eclipse and I am not able to create Nios II C/C++ Application and BSP Template. When I click New to create an application, it does not give me the option to create Nios II C/C++ Application and BSP Template. Rather it looks like the one in attachment. 

Please suggest something. 

Regards, 

Mumble.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

See page 15 of the nios2 empdedded design release notes. You most likely have to uninstall nios2eds 10.1, manually delete the directory, then reinstall. 

I also wound up deleting my workspace and projects and building everything from scratch. I also had to rebuild all of the sopc and megawizard files and recompile the hw. 

Now it sort of works.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

If you are running Windows 7, start Eclipse in XP compatible mode.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Yes : 

If you don't see a NiosII menu item on Eclipse, 

or File => Run -> Nios II C/C++ Application and BSP from Template 

Un-install all Altera packages, delete all Altera files, reboot, re-install NiosII with Eclipse. 

Then one should have the NiosII menu items, including "Nios II C/C++ Application and BSP from Template". 

Run Eclipse in XP sp2 compatability mode. I have administrator privileges. Say yes if get a run confirm window.  

Then run "Nios II C/C++ Application and BSP from Template". 

Should now run through OK.  

Build Application (right click). 

Use NiosII => Quartus II Programmer menu item to connect to hardware, upload .sof file. 

Run application as NioII Hardware, making sure you refresh the USB connection if needed (on extreme right of window if pops up). 

Should now all run. 

Best of luck.
0 Kudos