Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12599 Discussions

Nios II Debug : No source available for ""

sa_lahrich
Beginner

Hi,

I am facing an issue with Nios II Debugger. Actually, I am using Cyclone V SoC Development Kit. I dowloaded the .sof of quartus project and I would like to debug the C code. Unfortunately, when I launch the Debugger, I have an error message without any explanation No source available for "" When I click on View disassembly, nothing happens. I treid to clean and refresh the project, the error is always here. I even tried to rebuild new quartus and Nios II project in a new workspace, it did not change anything.  I do not know if I am missing something, does someone have any idea to fix the issue ?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @sa_lahrich,

Thank you for posting in Intel community forum and hope this message find you well.
Quick check, have you tried on the Nios II Hello World Small to see if it works in the debug as?
Is the failing of debug happening for both Nios SBT and command line tools?
Which version of quartus are you using? and is it convenient for you to share a screenshot of your qsys design?

Warm regards.

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @sa_lahrich,

Hope this message find you well, by any chances did you managed to look into the clarification above for us to better server you?

Warm regards.

BB

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @sa_lahrich,

Hope this message find you well and good day, as we do not receive any response from you to the previous clarification that we have provided. Please post a response in the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you with your follow-up questions. 

Warm Regards

0 Kudos