Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12603 Discussions

Nios II Dev Tools without Admin Rights

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Does anyone know how to run SOPC builder and Nios IDE 5.0 without full Admin privileges on a PC running Windows? 

We need to setup a large project lab at our school. If we give students full windows Admin rights they wipe out the PCs in just a couple days – so giving them full admin on a PC is not a solution. The Nios II tools can’t find some files to run and they bomb out with errors, if you are logged on as a user and not a full admin.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

TRy to do something. I'm not sure it will work but I had some problem during installations and I did some things which helps. 

During installation, SOPCBuilder creates a .sopcbuilder folder in "C:/Documents and Settings/'admin user account' ". There is a file which is called quartus.ini too. 

Try to copy the .sopcbuilder folder and quartus.ini in each user account : "C:/Documents and Settings/' user account ' ". 

Let me know if it works ....
0 Kudos