Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12603 Discussions

Nios II Interface with DDR4

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Iam trying to interface Nios II processor with STRATIX10 External memory interface. But i got the error as "Nios II address width cannot be more than 32 bits". So by some reference from forum I used Address Span extender by configuring it. Still after this usage also, the same error is getting repeated.  

In the EMIF i have choosen I selected DDR4 protocol and configured the settings as per 1SG280LU3FE3VGS1 since iam using the same device. Can anyone help me in solving this issue. Thanks in advance...
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

Image is not clear. 

Do you have any Avalon interface custom component? 

If so, check the address width it should not be more than 31bit. 

Can you share the project file (.qpf)? 

Best Regards, 

Anand Raj Shankar 

(This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation)
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks for the reply... 

I dont have any custom component with avalon interface.Iam trying only to interface "stratix10 external memory interface" with Nios II processor and struck with address issue. 

Here Iam sending the archived project.Can you please have a glance at it and try to solve the issue..Thanks in advance
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

Apologies for the late response. 

Refer Below link. 

https://www.altera.com/support/support-resources/knowledge-base/embedded/2017/address-width-above-32-bits-are-not-supported-for-nios-ii.html 

Updated project with Address Span Extender IP which solved the problem. 

Best Regards, 

Anand Raj Shankar 

(This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation)
0 Kudos