Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12589 Discussions

Nios II (NEEK) GPIO configuration with Qsys

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

Can anyone tell me how to configure GPIO header for the Nios II embedded evaluation kit. I'm using the existing project "niosii-ethernet-standard-3c25" which was provided by Altera.  

Now the case is how can i to reconfigure "niosii_ethernet_standard_3c25.sof" with Qsys to add in the GPIO header which was locate at the side of the LCD Multimedia HSMC Board. Basically, what i had found inside the "niosii-ethernet-standard-3c25.sof" were only led_pio and button_pio. 

So does anyone can help or guide me by doing this. 

I'm appreciate for your reply. 

Thanks.  

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hi, 

Now the case is how can i to reconfigure "niosii_ethernet_standard_3c25.sof" with Qsys to add in the gpio header which was locate at the side of the LCD Multimedia HSMC Board.  

--- Quote End ---  

Do you refer to the black 10-pin Debug header next to the RJ45 Ethernet connector?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi fheineman, 

Yah, that is what i talk about. I had go through the "Nios II 3C25 Microprocessor with LCD Controller Data Sheet.pdf" also "lcd_multimedia_hsmc_reference_manual_v2.0.pdf" but can't really found any inform about the GPIO header configuration. 

Is that the configuration are similar with the led and push button? 

I'm appreciate for your reply. Thanks
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have been working on an Altera Wiki page for configuring the GPIO port on the Nios II Embedded Evaluation Kit (NEEK). It is a work in progress, and I do not have any software posted yet, but it has a detailed explanation and a copy of my design files. 

You can find it at http://www.alterawiki.com/wiki/neek_...bug)_connector. 

Good luck with your designs, and I hope this helps. Please let me know. 

Fred Heineman
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi fheineman, 

Sorry for the late reply. By the way, thanks for you replied, as this few months i'm busying with my project. So not much time to check the forum. 

Besides, i had make it work on my design already, thanks for your help. But currently i had facing another problem which i can't get enough of inform to solve with it. 

Did you even heard uC/Probe before? As i was running uC/OS-ii on my NEEK board and i wish to measure the time switching between the tasks. So i choose to follow one of the tutorial that was done with BeMicro-SDK. But i fail to display the result on the screen.  

If you had using it before, can share with me your experience? As i really need someone to guide me to resolve the problem. 

Thanks  

Jayze ng
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello Jayze, 

Glad to hear you got the GPIO working on your design. I also purchased the BeMicro, but I haven't had time to try the uC/Probe yet. Perhaps this weekend I can find the time. 

I suggest you post a new thread on the Nios II forum with the heading uC/Probe. You are more likely to find someone to help that way. Someone must have experience with it that they are willing to share. 

I'll let you know if I find anything. 

Good luck, 

fheineman
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi fheineman, 

Thanks. Yah i had already post a thread just now which the link shows as below. Feel free to take a look, if got any idea please let me know. 

Here the link: http://www.alteraforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33552 

Thanks 

Jayze
0 Kudos