Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12368 Discussions

Nios II Reference Design with DDR2 for Cyclone IV FPGA Development Kit?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

Hi, 

Does anyone have a Qsys design with DDR2 instantiated and working for the Cyclone IV FPGA Development Kit? 

I tried adding a DDR2 controller to the provided BUP design in Qsys with what appeared to be the correct parameters; however the code would not compile in Quartus due to some strange errors with the memory IP (i.e. outputs driving multiple nets???). If someone has a working Qsys project with the DDR controller(s) already hooked up and working on this board, it would save a bunch of debugging time. A design *with Nios* would be ideal but not necessary as I can always easily add the processor and other peripherals to a working system. In fact, any project for this board with DDR2 would be most helpful. 

Thank you.
0 Kudos
0 Replies