Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12435 Discussions

Nios II development from Quartus II v13.1

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello all. 

I am a Nios II beginner and am hoping that one of you good folks out there can advise me on a good starting tutorial. Currently I have at my disposal a Cyclone III FPGA Starter Kit (not the NEEK!) which I have been using with Quartus II version 13.1 web edition, and am progressing well with VHDL and Verilog. Now I want to get to grips with Nios II. I gather the Nios II IDE has been integrated into Quartus II (am I right?) but have yet to find any beginning tutorial that has it as it's starting point, rather everything I've found so far indicates use of the IDE. Clearly I want to target the aforementioned Starter Kit board but I get the feeling this may be less than ideal. 

All (reasonable) suggestions gratefully received
0 Kudos
0 Replies