Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12589 Discussions

Nios II functionality not showing up in Eclipse.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I just installed QII-SE v11.0 and now the Nios II functionality is not showing up in Eclipse. For instance, when I click on the "File>New" menu, I on get a "New Project..." option, not the usual "New Nios II Project and BSP from Template..." that I had with v10.1. 

When I click on "Installation Details" on the Eclipse "Help" dialog box, it shows:  

Nios II Software Build Tools & System Console 11.0.0.157 com.altera.sbtgui.integration.feature.feature.group 

Any suggestions???
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I just re-installed the entire Quartus II 11.0 SE package and now Eclipse works properly with all the Nios II functionality.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hey.. i'm wondering how you had the NIOS II functionality... I'm trying to search for New NIOS II Project and BSP from Template but it doesn't have it.. so what did you do?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

When installing the tools I recommend closing any anti-virus programs and run the installer as the administrator. AV programs shouldn't be causing the problems with the installer like they used to but it couldn't hurt to close them down temporarily.

0 Kudos