Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

Nios II not installed

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Dear all, 

Forgive me if I should have posted this in other place? 

I have this CD-disc came along when I bought the DE0-NANO FPGA, Cyclone IV E. 

Please refer to the attached files. 

In 2.jpg, it is stated that the free package includes "Nios II processor". 

However, in 1.jpg, I could not find the "Nios II processor" component to be installed. 

I tried several attempts, I could use Quartus II with no problem however, I could not locate Nios II IDE. 

I also tried downloading the Nios II IDE installation file from this link (https://www.altera.com/support/software/download/nios2/dnl-nios2.jsp), however it could not be installed, it keeps prompting me that I need to have Quartus before installing Nios II, I am pretty sure I have Quartus II since I have used Quartus II and run the simulation for quite a number of times. 

I am using Wondow 7, 64bit. 

Please let me know: 

1. how could I check if I have Nios II IDE although i don't think it is there? 

2. How could I get the installation file that work along with this version of Quartus II 10.1? 

Hope to hear you soon, thank you very much. 

--  

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

That only means the Nios hardware component is part of Quartus package. 

But in order to develop a Nios application you need the Embedded Design Suite (EDS) which in older Quartus releases was a separate package .