Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

Nios II using Eclipse IDE

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

I've built an SOPC system with SOPC Builder, and I've written my code using Eclipse IDE. The testboard I'm using is a Bemicro Cyclone III. 

Everything is working fine but now, I'm looking for as much as possible information located into log files. Right now, I've only found one log file (.metadata\.log). But it is not enough. 

Do you know a way to get more log files (or more information into the previous one) ? For example, I don't even know where does the size of my code is saved. 

Thanks, 

Julien
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I don't know that there are many useful log files. The console gives all information for the build. You can get the size of your code by opening a NIOS II command shell and running nios2-elf-size on your .elf file. 

Jake
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Ok thanks and do you know if there is a command to save this value into a log file ?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You can always just redirect the output to a log file 

nios2-elf-size myelf.elf > logfile.log
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks, I'm learning about the Command Shell. Do you know a tutorial that shows all the commands possible ?  

Julien.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Ok I found it.  

Thanks for everything, it was very helpful. 

Julien.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Exactly sir, 

I've found everything excepts one command line : how to copy the console content into a log file ?  

For example, my console content looks like : 

**** Build of configuration Debug for project bemicro_led_control **** 

make -s all includes  

Compiling main.c... 

In file included from /cygdrive/c/altera/90/nios2eds/bin/nios2-gnutools/H-i686-pc-cygwin/bin/../lib/gcc/nios2-elf/3.4.6/../../../../nios2-elf/include/stdio.h:34, 

from ../main.c:3: 

/cygdrive/c/altera/90/nios2eds/bin/nios2-gnutools/H-i686-pc-cygwin/bin/../lib/gcc/nios2-elf/3.4.6/include/stddef.h:213: error: syntax error before "typedef" 

make: *** [obj/main.o] Error 1 

Build completed in 6.782 seconds 

The error is made on purpose. 

Thanks, 

Julien
0 Kudos