Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

Nios ISS problem(hello world)

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm trying to print the "hello world" message to the console of Nios IDE, since I don't have a FGPA board , I downloaded the ISS(instruction set simulator) t32, and unzipped it to a folder named "simnios". 

How am I able to use t32 to display the "hello world" to the console of Nios IDE, the IDE seems doesn't know where the ISS is, and when I right click the project and run as "lauterbach ISS", a message jumps out "you can download the advanced Nios ISS from ...(a website)" 

what should I do? 

Thank you!
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

By the way, if I choose "run as a local C++ application", I still don't see the "hello world" message in the console. There is only a message "<terminated>hello.exe[C/C++application]c:/altera/work/hello.exe" in the console. 

Can anyone tell me how can I print the "hello world" without a FGPA board? 

Thank you very much!
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, I have the problem too, You sovled it?