Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

Nios interrutions

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

I use quartus II 4.00 and SOPC builder 4.00 to build a NIOS system on a Stratix II board. 

I enabled the support for external interruptions, add a user defined IP connected via the provided avalon ahb bridge. 

Everything is ok. 

Then I try to use the interruption of the bridge, everything on the wire is ok until the data_master_irq gets high. The iq number is ok, NIOS makes a couple of instructions more and then stops on a strange adress (totallly out of the memory map). but it doesn't fetch the ISR code indeed. 

The soft uses nr-installusr and is exactly the same as the examples provided. 

I tried whithout any soft isr and initialisation to see if i get the famous message ... but nothing. 

How can I be sure of what is done by the compiler, is there any restriction that I don't respect ? thanks for all your help and experience about those interrupts on NIOS systems. 

Sincerely 

Julien Chevalier
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Humm.... 

For fun... Try assigning the IRQ you are having a problem with to a different number in SOPC Builder. Regenerate, do another Place and route and see what happens then.  

Seems kind of strange that you are using an avalon to AHB bridge.  

hbutler97
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Did you get this all figured out? 

Please tell us.
0 Kudos