Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12599 Discussions

Nios not starting if encryption feature enabled in Convert Programming File tool

SBure
Beginner

I'm using Q13.1 and run Nios from EPCQ (EPCS/EPCQx1 Serial Flash Controller installed in Qsys). Nios binary copied from EPCQ to DDR after power up. I generate jic file using Convert Programming File tool and everything works fine. So all offsets and setting is ok. But if I try to enable encryption in SOF properties, NIOS application not starting after power up. FPGA fabric still starts successfully. What might be reasone of this?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Ahmed_H_Intel1
Employee

Are you using the hex file as on-chip memory initialization file or separated file ? if the first option then I suggest to make it separated from the .sof

0 Kudos
SBure
Beginner

Hi, thanks for answer. I'm using hex file, which is generated like this:

#Create a flash image of your FPGA configuration file sof2flash --input=hw.sof --output=hw.flash --epcq --verbose #Note: We are using --epcq instead of --epcs here for EPCQ devices #Create a flash image of your NIOS II .elf file elf2flash --input=sw.elf --output=sw.flash --epcs --after=hw.flash –verbose #Create the .hex image of your Nios II software nios2-elf-objcopy --input-target srec --output-target ihexsw.flash sw.hex

0 Kudos